This guide is only for those presenting in the video session.
Each presenter will be given a time slot of 10 minutes in total, which is distributed as 7 minutes of presentation and 3 minutes of answering questions from the chairs/auditorium and changing of presenters at the podium. As the schedule of presentation sessions is tight it is of utmost importance that all presenters are ready and in time for their presentations. The introduction of each presenter will be kept brief when introduced by the chair.
Presenters will be expected to talk over the playing video during their presentations. Do Not embed a voice over into the presentation
Upload Your Presentation
All video presenters are required to upload their Videos/PowerPoint Presentations 3 days in advance of the meeting. No presentations will be loaded while the session is in progress. Files will not be accepted by email. The deadline for uploading oral presentations online is Monday, February 28th, 2023. If you do not upload your presentation online by the deadline, IT support cannot be guaranteed; no exceptions will be made. If you are delayed in uploading your presentation please let us know that you still intend to present. Each video session room will be equipped with a desktop/laptop computer configured with Microsoft Windows; VLC, Microsoft PowerPoint (Office 365); an LCD projector; and standard audio equipment (podium & microphones). The use of personal laptop computers for presentations in the session rooms is not permitted.
- Naming the file: The file name should start with S1, then underscore, Then your order number, then underscore, then your reference Number, then Underscore, then your Surname. (details can be got on the SOH2023 website (https://soh.isrs.ie/)
Example:- S1_4_SOH23AS2544_Walsh.pptx or
- Example:- S1_4_SOH23AS2544_Walsh.mp4
- Upload your presentation here: (TBC – will be updated closer to the meeting)
- If your presentation is over 50mb please contact dara(dot)walsh(at)ul(dot)ie and www.wetranster.com (free) can be used
- The last day to upload your presentation is Monday, February 28th, 2023
Technical staff at the venue will prepare all oral presentations in advance by making sure that the scheduled presentations are available on the presentation computer in respective conference rooms in good time for the presentations. To make sure presentations run smoothly during the sessions you are expected to use the computer provided by SOH2023 while giving your presentation. You may check your presentation is working as expected up to 10 minutes before the session starts. Technical staff will assist you in doing this.
Video file types accepted. MP4, Mov, Avi,
PowerPoint presentations (pptx) will also be accepted with the video file embedded in the presentation.
Presenter View will not be available.
It will not be possible to present off your own device.
Technical Requirements PowerPoint Presentations
- Video files should ideally be 16:9 ratio (1,920 x 1,080 pixels).
- Make sure your PowerPoint presentation is in 16:9 ratio (1,920 x 1,080 pixels).
- Videos must be embedded in PowerPoint.
- Do not use links to YouTube or other webservices in your presentations.
- If you use fonts not included in the Windows 10 system you should send them ahead with your presentation before Monday, February 28th, 2023
Technical Requirements Video Formats
- Resolution: 1,920 x 1,080 pixels.
- Frame rate: 25 or 50 fps.
- Bitrate: approximately 10,000 kb/s is enough.
- Compression: H.264.
- .mp4 files are preferred but we can handle most common video formats.
- Do not send ProRes-files.
Technical Requirements Audio
- Resolution: 16-bit.
- Bitrate: 192–320 kb/s.
- Sample frequency: 44,1 kHz.
Goto the Online Programme (to be undated ) section of this website and navigate to the session you are presenting in. Click the “Upload Presentation” link where you will be directed to fill in your name and chose the presentation file. Then click “Upload File”. Your presentation file name should start with the session number and end with your Surname as shown above.
If your presentation is over 50mb please contact dara(dot)walsh(at)ul(dot)ie and www.wetranster.com (free) can be used.
Bring a Backup
Be sure to bring a backup copy of your presentation with you to the meeting. If you plan to upload files on-site, bring two copies. USB/Flash drives are preferred.