Each presenter will be given a time slot of 10 minutes in total, which is distributed as 7 minutes of presentation and 3 minutes of answering questions from the chairs/auditorium and changing of presenters at the podium. As the schedule of presentation sessions is tight it is of utmost importance that all presenters are ready and in time for their presentations. The introduction of each presenter will be kept brief when introduced by the chair.
Only one presenter per presentation is allowed.
Change in presenter can be done by contact SOH admin upto the January 31st. Any change in presenter after that date will need to be requested by the senior author. We recommend the alternative presenter be one of the co-authors as adding authors to the published abstract cannot be done after December 31st. (The original author order cannot be changed due to an alternative presenter)
Upload Your Presentation
All oral presenters are required to upload their PowerPoint Presentations 3-5 days in advance of the meeting. No presentations will be loaded while the session is in progress. Files will not be accepted by email. The deadline for uploading oral presentations online is Monday, February 26th, 2024. If you do not upload your presentation online by the deadline, IT support cannot be guaranteed; no exceptions will be made. If you are delayed in uploading your presentation please let us know that you still intend to present. Each oral session room will be equipped with a desktop/laptop computer configured with Microsoft Windows; Microsoft PowerPoint (Office 365); an LCD projector; and standard audio equipment (podium & microphones). The use of personal laptop computers for presentations in the session rooms is not permitted.
- Naming the file: The file name should start with your Session Number, then underscore, Then order number, then underscore, then your reference Number, then Underscore, then your Surname. (details can be got on the SOH2024 website (https://soh.isrs.ie/)
- Upload your presentation on the session page on this website “drag and drop” your .pptx file onto the sky blue box or browse to the file
- The last day to upload your presentation is Monday, February 26th, 2024
Technical staff at the venue will prepare all oral presentations in advance by making sure that the scheduled presentations are available on the presentation computer in respective conference rooms in good time for the presentations. To make sure presentations run smoothly during the sessions you are expected to use the computer provided by SOH2024 while giving your presentation. You may check your presentation is working as expected up to 10 minutes before the session starts. Technical staff will assist you in doing this.
Only PowerPoint presentations will be accepted (*.pptx)
Presenter View will not be available.
It will not be possible to present off your own device.
Technical Requirements PowerPoint Presentations
- Make sure your PowerPoint presentation is in 16:9 ratio (1,920 x 1,080 pixels).
- Videos must be embedded in PowerPoint.
- Do not use links to YouTube or other webservices in your presentations.
- If you use fonts not included in the Windows 10 system you should send them ahead with your presentation before Monday, February 26th, 2024
Technical Requirements Video Formats
- Resolution: 1,920 x 1,080 pixels.
- Frame rate: 25 or 50 fps.
- Bitrate: approximately 10,000 kb/s is enough.
- Compression: H.264.
- .mp4 files are preferred but we can handle most common video formats.
- Do not send ProRes-files.
Technical Requirements Audio
- Resolution: 16-bit.
- Bitrate: 192–320 kb/s.
- Sample frequency: 44,1 kHz.
Technical Requirements Graphics and Images
- Resolution: 1,920 x 1,080 pixels (for full screen).
- Format: png and jpeg for pictures embedded in PowerPoint presentations.
Acceptable formats: PPTX
- Be sure you have embedded any multimedia objects (e.g., movies) in the slides
- You may use any theme, although we recommend dark text on a light background
- Be sure to provide your name on the title slide
- PLEASE name your file as shown above.
Goto the Online Schedule section of this website (here) and navigate to the session you are presenting in. Click the “Upload Presentation” link where you will be directed to fill in your name, email and chose the PowerPoint presentation file on your system. Then click “Upload File”. Your presentation file name should start with the session number and end with your Surname as shown above.
If your presentation is over 30mb please contact dara(dot)walsh(at)ul(dot)ie and www.wetranster.com (free) can be used.
Late withdrawals (within 10 days of event) from presentation should be submitted by the senior author to the Event organiser. Every effort should be made to find a replacement presenter.
Only abstracts presented will be published.
Bring a Backup
Be sure to bring a backup copy of your presentation with you to the meeting. If you plan to upload files on-site, bring two copies. USB/Flash drives are preferred.