Create and print your poster
The most successful posters are graphically rich presentations of your research that highlight and summarize the main points, with the poster presenter filling in the details in person at the session. The least effective poster format is an enlarged copy of your abstract.
A poster template can be downloaded here as a guide
Your poster should include:
- The paper title and all authors at the top of the poster
- A brief introduction, goals, experimental detail, conclusions, and references; presented in a logical and clear sequence
- Explanations for each graph, picture, and table
Size, fonts, and colour
- The poster size is A0 (841 x 1189 mm). Portrait Layout
- Use easily read type. Suggested minimum font sizes:
- Title: 60 point type
- List of authors: 40 point type
- Body copy should be double-spaced text: 25 point type
- Choose your colours to provide strong contrast and avoid pairing red and green elements to assist those with red-green colour blindness
Print a high-resolution copy of your poster to present onsite (size must not exceed A0 (841 x 1189 mm))
Set up your poster in person
- Bring your high-resolution printed poster with you to the meeting (size must not exceed A0 (841 x 1189 mm)
- Check the individual conference program to find your poster session location and timing
- Set up your printed poster the morning of the poster session posters will need to be on display at least one hour before your session start time on the day you are scheduled to present
- Paper numbers will be placed on the poster boards in numerical order
- Find your paper number and put up your printed poster in the designated space
- Push pins, tape, or Velcro will be provided to hang your poster
Present your poster in person
- Each poster must have a presenter
- All presenters will be required to register for the event
- Only one presenter per poster is allowed
- Change in presenter can be done by contact SOH admin upto the January 1st. Any change in presenter after that date will need to be requested by the senior author. We recommend the alternative presenter be one of the co-authors as adding authors to the published abstract cannot be done after December 31st. (Author order cannot be changed)
- Poster presenters are required to stand by the poster during the scheduled duration of the poster session to answer questions from attendees and judges
- Presenters who have not placed their poster(s) on their assigned board at least 60 minutes prior to the start of the poster session, and attend to it for the duration of the poster session, will be considered a “no show,” and their poster abstract, will not be published in the proceedings in MAP Journal
- Presenters must remove their printed posters after the poster session
- SOH2024 assumes no responsibility for the printed posters and will not save posters left hanging after the end of the session.
- Late withdrawals (within 10 days of event) from presentation should be submitted by the senior author to the Event organiser. Every effort should be made to find a replacement presenter.
- Only abstracts presented by the nominated presenter will be published.
Publication of your poster abstract
- SOH2024 will publish your poster abstract in MAP Journal (https://map.amegroups.com/)
- To qualify for publication the printed poster must be presented in person by the author at the meeting. The author will need to be a registered attendee of the meeting.