- Abstracts must be typed within a column width of 16cm in single spacing, font size 12 and font style Times New Roman must be used.
- The text of an abstract (excluding title, authors and references) must not exceed 250 words including one table if appropriate. Figures are not allowed.
- The authors initials only and surname, without degrees etc. should appear below title. JM Murray, SJ Turner, J Daly, PA O’Connor
- The address (Department, Institution, Town) should be listed next. Dept of Surgery, UHL, Limerick
- The text of the abstract must include data with clear descriptions of background, methods, results and conclusions. Headings within the text are allowed. Capital letters are not to be used to describe special terms, procedures etc and may only be used where appropriate (at the start of sentences, where proper nouns are involved, with abbreviations). All abbreviations must be clearly defined. Statistical methods must be clearly indicated. Please spellcheck your abstract before submission.
- Abstracts are submitted on the understanding that they will be subject to editorial approval and submission does not guarantee publication.
- The end of each abstract must include a brief statement regarding conflict of interest in the following format –
Conflict of interest:
NB: AS ALREADY STATED, ALL ABSTRACTS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE. PLEASE CHECK THE E-MAIL ADDRESS YOU QUOTE ON YOUR SUBMISSION ON A REGULAR BASIS, AS THIS IS THE ADDRESS WE WILL USE FOR ANY FURTHER CORRESPONDENCE.
I WILL CONFIRM RECEIPT OF YOUR ABSTRACT WITHIN 5 WORKING DAYS. IF YOU DO NOT HEAR FROM ME WITHIN THIS TIME, PLEASE CONTACT ME.