The text of an abstract (excluding authors and institutions) must not exceed 250 words
Title of Abstract (first word must be capital and the rest lower case) eg On the growth and form of the mesentery
The authors name and surname, (without degrees etc.) should appear as Eg. John Patrick Murphy (If initial is provided for second name it will be deleted)
The address (Institution, Department, Town, Country and EIRCODE) should be listed next. Eg. University Hospital Limerick, Department of Surgery, St Nessan’s Road, Dooradoyle, Limerick, Ireland, V94 F858. Please add EIRCODE
The text of the abstract must include data with clear descriptions of:
- Background: A short introduction indicating the rationale of the study
- Methods: A brief description of pertinent methodological procedures
- Results: A summary of the results of the research Tables are not allowed
- Conclusions: A statement of the main conclusions
- Keywords: 5 words required (not abbreviations)
- Abbreviations may be used in the title and text of abstracts if they are defined. Terms must be spelt out in full at its first mention and followed with the abbreviation in parentheses. Abbreviations must be clearly defined eg total hip arthroplasty (THA)
- No numbers can be at the start of a sentence: It should read: Approximately 26% or in total 50%
- No references are required (If provided they will be deleted)
- Once the abstract is submitted, no authors can be added, online changes, corrections or rewording will not be possible UNLESS THE SENIOR AUTHOR CONTACTS email@example.com
You will be required to fill out a Conflict of interest/Disclosure Form (ICMJE Form for Disclosure of Potential Conflicts of Interest) which will be emailed to you after you submit your abstract.
Abstracts are submitted on the understanding that they will be subject to editorial approval and submission does not guarantee publication.
ALL ABSTRACTS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE. PLEASE CHECK THE E-MAIL ADDRESS YOU QUOTE ON YOUR SUBMISSION ON A REGULAR BASIS, AS THIS IS THE ADDRESS WE WILL USE FOR ANY FURTHER CORRESPONDENCE.
I WILL CONFIRM RECEIPT OF YOUR ABSTRACT WITHIN 5 WORKING DAYS. IF YOU DO NOT HEAR FROM ME WITHIN THIS TIME, PLEASE CONTACT ME.