Acute Medicine POCUS Course Details
As part of Sylvester O’Halloran Perioperative Conference
These course details have been agreed with Professor Mike Watts & UHL Training Lead Dr John McManus, UHL
Aimed at GIM SpRs & all doctors practicing acute medicine/critical care medicine
20 places on a first come first served basis – 10 spots held for GIM SpRs until Feb 21st
March 3rd, 2022: 9-4pm; CERC Tutorial Room 7 & 8, UHL
Programme (5 Stations):
- Vascular Access – PoCUS for peripheral cannula insertion
- Cardiac PoCUS
- Lung PoCUS & Thoracocentesis
- Abdominal PoCUS & FAST scan; Discussion of Ascitic drainage
- PoCUS for Lumbar Puncture
Professor Jennifer Ni Mhuircheartaigh, Dr Julie O’Brien, Dr John Rutherford, Dr Alex Dudina, Dr Catherine Nix & colleagues
€150 (Registration of interest required to access BIC/IBAN details)
- Dr Catherine Nix (Course Director)
- E-mail only Catherine.Nix@ul.ie
- From Feb 25th additional Admin support available and will be listed on the website
Short timeframe to organize participant spots – Previous RCPI course cancelled because of Covid
Covid precautions: FFP2/3 for all; Temperature check; Vaccination & Booster status check on admission
How to register:
- Ensure you are available to attend on March 3rd, 2022 (at University Hospital Limerick, CERC Building).
- E-mail Catherine.Nix@ul.ie
- Add the following details: GIM SpR Yes/No; Current job (SHO/Registrar & years of experience); Do you do Acute Medical On-Call/ICU on-call currently Yes/No; Hospital you are currently working in.
- Depending on availability of places you will receive a BIC & IBAN. Places will be confirmed on receipt of payment – Account will be checked once per day.
- Please be aware e-mail contact has full clinical workload. If course undersubscribed, I will work with local UHL NCHD rotamasters to fill spots.
- Apologies in advance for awkward logistics and short timeframe.
#SOH2022 has provided an opportunity to teach PoCUS so the course director is running with the opportunity.